Part 850t – Smith McCullogh Genealogy – 1914 World War I Attestation – GG-Grandfather Alfred Wade Trefry

24 March 2013

Good Day,

Sometimes in my search and research I need to switch family lines when I come across a document when I have just been following a different path. As the genealogy and family tree continues to grow, the number of pathways into our ancestry continues to grow exponentially.

Today I discovered both sides of the 1914 World War I Attestation document for CK’s great-great-grandfather Alfred Wade Trefry. Previously, in my files I had stumbled upon only the front page. Now I have discovered both the front and back of the form.

Included on the form is the name of ggg-grandfather Capt. C(harles) K(nowles) Trefry. Note also that gg-grandfather Alfred is registered as having been a School Teacher at the time of his registration 23 September 1914. GG-Grandfather Alfred did become a Doctor.

The source of my discovery – Library and Archives Canada, Reference RG 150, Accession 1992-93/166, Box 9769 – 1. Here are the downloaded images. As they are pretty well legible I will not be transcribing them.



If you have any comment or question please feel free to contact me.

Enjoy,

Jim

1 comments:

Van on September 12, 2018 at 4:00 PM said...

Hi Jim, do you know of any direct male Trefry descendants who've taken a yDNA test?

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template