Part 821r – Smith Robertson Genealogy – My Robertson Maternal Line – H1a1a1

28 December 2012

Good Day,

When I first had my mtDNA tested, that is my Maternal Line DNA, I was presented, from Family Tree DNA, with the results that I was H1a.

Today both The Genographic Project and Family Tree DNA results have increased to H1a1a1. Based on the data provided, my mtDNA follows –

Root L3 -> N -> R -> RO -> Branch HV -> H -> H1 -> H1a -> H1a1 -> H1a1a -> H1a1a1

From Family Tree DNA -

H1 – H1 is the most common branch of haplogroup H. It represents 30% of people in haplogroup H, and 46% of the maternal lineages in Iberia. (Iberia is located in the extreme southwest of Europe and includes modern-day sovereign states of Spain, Portugal, and Andorra. – From Wikipedia) 13-14% of all Europeans belong to this branch, and H1 is about 13,000 years old.

H1a – H1a is a branch of H1. Further research will better resolve the distribution and historical characteristics of this haplogroup.


My Maternal Line, to my 7-times great-grandmother Mary (née Whittaker) Tasker, is –

Robertson -> Goodey -> Crossley -> Parker -> Kendal -> Tasker -> Whittaker

The following is the Evolutionary tree of Human mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) haplogroups.) It begins with Mitochondrial Eve.


From PhyloTree.org, I have included a clipped portion of the comprehensive phylogenetic tree of my portion of the global human mitochondrial DNA variation.



Citation - van Oven M, Kayser M. 2009. Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Hum Mutat 30(2):E386-E394. http://www.phylotree.org. doi:10.1002/humu.20921

From my beginning posting of my mtDNA almost four years ago in 2009, much research and information has increased substantially. (See November 9, 2009.) The information regarding mtDNA is amazing, fantastic, confusing, and, at-times, beyond my comprehension… but I will continue to learn and try to understand.

Enjoy,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template