Part 186p – Smith Robertson Genealogy – 1809 Birth – GGG-Grandfather John Parker

23 January 2010

Evening,

At sometimes I get very lucky.

Downham from St. Leonard's Churchyard
Image Source: Bill Boaden / CC BY-SA 2.0


Following my Parker Family search project and subsequent to Part 185pw in the FHL microfilm FHL [1278942] in Item 7 in the Parish Registers for Downham, 1653-1900, of the Church of England, Chapelry of Downham of Lancashire, I discovered a barely legible copy of the page containing the Baptismal Entry of ggg-grandfather John Parker.

The copy of the page from the Parish Register of the Baptism Entry follows:



And my transcription of the highlighted entry is:
1809
July
28? John Son of William and Mary Parker Downham
born May 28th . _____

Apart from the fact that the image of the page is extremely blurred, I am having a difficult time making out the word the follows the phrase “born May 28th.” I’m not sure if it a word that is crossed out or underlined, and if it is applicable to the entry. Anybody have any suggests?

I have updated the Parker Descendant Chart and have included it in this posting. I will also, shortly be adding it to the “Robertson Chart” link at the top of my Blog page.

Enjoy,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template