Part 153p - Smith Robertson Genealogy - More England Censuses - Great-Great-Grandmother Elizabeth (née Parker) Crossley

17 December 2009


Afternoon,

And so this afternoon, following my research trek into the life of my ggg-grandmother Elizabeth (née Parker) Crossley, I thought I would provide you with the evidence I am now using. My sources are from the 1861, 1851, and 1841 England Censuses. The Censuses: 1871, 1881, and 1891, in Part 150p, all took place after her 1863 marriage, (Part 149cp), to ggg-grandfather William Crossley. They also include the enumeration of her as a widow after ggg-grandfather William's passing sometime after 1871.

As in the 1871, 1881, and 1891 Censuses, her age and location of birth are provided as follows:

1861 - 20 - Yorkshire
1851 - 11 - Lancashire, Twiston
1841 - 4 months - Twiston, Clitheroe, Whalley, Blackburn, Lancashire



Page from the 1861 England Census
Sources: The National Archives, London, and Ancestry.co.uk

 

Page from the 1851 England Census
Sources: The National Archives, London, and Ancestry.co.uk

 

Page from the 1841 England Census
Sources: The National Archives, London, and Ancestry.co.uk

I have now been able, all-things-being-equal, to account for ggg-grandmother Elizabeth (née Parker) Crossley from the year 1841 through and including the year 1901, (see Part 151p).

My next Posting will present a Birth Entry which I believe is, based on what I have found to date, belongs to ggg-grandmother Elizabeth. I have a couple of overhanging questions, but you'll need to stay-tuned to find out.

Enjoy,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template