Part 128s – Smith Robertson Genealogy – Early Baptisms 1786-1860, St. George, Grenada

24 November 2009

Afternoon,

The sun has not appeared as yet today, and it may not do that as the rain, lightning, and thundering has just started. I’ve got two Rat Terriers sitting in my lap, a Sheltie-mix at my feet, and two Yellow-Labs pacing. Taylor, the Chocolate Lab is the only one calm amidst the storm as she sleeps fast asleep on her bed. And you can image me reaching for my keyboard working on my genealogy.

I’ve been reviewing and graphically setting the birth information, as best as possible that I have been able to extract from the Parish of St. George, Grenada Baptismal Register. I am a visual person and at times I need to have that information which I am working with, especially in a surname search study, displayed graphically.

GenoPro is a very good software that allows me the ability to enter genealogical data and then to display my results on my screens. It allows me to manipulate the output at the same time permitting to provide as concise a view as I want to see.

My main sources of data are the Baptism/Christening Entries from the St. George Parish Register. I also decided that I would limit my time frame to as close to as possible to 1786 through 1860. This information is in the most cases St. George data.

This work, as always is a work in progress. There may be transcription inaccuracies as I read through the penned data and information. (I think the batteries in my electronic keyboard are beginning to give up.)

My source is the microfilm FHL [1523656], Items 1 through 8, Parish Registers, 1784-1971, Anglican Church, Parish of St. George (Grenada).

Items 2 and 4 are themselves transcriptions of the original Parish Register. I have enclosed a copy of the page with the Declarations by the Transcriber.


My transcription of the Declaration -
Declaration

I, John Randolph Bertrand of the Town of Saint George do solemnly declare that I have copies the following entries from the St. George’s Church Register dating from the year 1784 to the year 1804, and do unhesitantingly affirm that it is a faithful and true Copy of the Original.

And I make this solemn Declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Oaths Ordinance 1897.
J.R. Bertrand

Declared to before me this 15th day of March 1903.
A Wellesley Lewis J.P.
and Chancellor W.J.D.

I, Wilfred Jones Bateman, Rector of the Town and Parish of Saint George, do solemnly declare that the following Entries from the St. George’s Church Register, dating from the year 1784 to the year 1840, are true copies of the Original Register, having been read over to me by the Copyist and corrected by me.
Wilfred Jones Bateman
Rector of S Georges

And I make this solemn Declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Oaths Ordinance 1897.

Declared to before me this 15th day of March 1903.
A Wellesley Lewis J.P.
and Chancellor W.J.D.

And now I’m the transcriber transcribing the work of the transcriber who transcribed the original work and entries.

Here is my initial Smith Worksheet. In most cases I have attempted to use the birth date if it is included in the Baptism Entry. To follow a time sequence, the mini-descendant charts move from the left to the right; there is no downward flow. Each mini-descendant chart is unique and should stand alone. There may be inter-connections and relationships, but that is not part of this worksheet at this time. I have highlighted two names: James Smiths in blue, and William Smiths in red. My prime purpose is to visualize possibilities.

The Worksheet is a long page and may take more than a single sheet to print out.



I have images of all these Baptism Entries. Please let me know if you would like to see a copy of the image, which will be in a jpg format. Also, if you have any questions, or suggestions, please comment to this or any Posting, or email me.

Enjoy,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template